Japanese Knotweed insurance is available here directly to the public via Grafton Insurance. We offer a policy specifically designed to insure against the discovery of Japanese knotweed at your property. This policy is particularly of benefit if you are buying or selling a property. There is a specific question on Japanese Knotweed question during pre-contract enquiries, which is detailed in the Law Society TA6 form.
It is important to realise that Japanese Knotweed is an highly invasive plant that must be tackled correctly. This insurance is an effective solution to rid properties of this scourge. More importantly this policy takes away any potential expense and exposure from any claim made by an adjoining owner in relation to knotweed spreading into your land.
For a one time premium, our Japanese knotweed Insurance policy gives you full 5 year period of cover for:
- Treatment costs incurred by the Insured in respect of necessary treatment. consequently to eradicate the existence of and prevent reoccurrence of Japanese knotweed at the property.
- Repair and restoration costs, in respect of damage caused to the property.
- Legal defence expenses. In particular, this includes legal and expert costs, charges and expenses incurred in the investigation, as well as settlement, adjustment or defence of any claim made against the Insured by a third party affected by the spread of Japanese knotweed discovered at the property.
- The cost of obtaining a full survey report. This would be from a Japanese knotweed treatment specialist to establish a claim. With the prior written consent of the underwriters.
- In addition, any other costs and expenses directly incurred by the insured with the written consent of the Insurers.
Contact us on 01932 450154 or email us at [email protected] for a tailored confidential quotation.
In particular, if you are worried about the future threat of knotweed on your property, this policy is for you. Firstly, this insurance for Japanese knotweed will respond immediately to allow specialist contractors to move in. Secondly, they will ensure that any potential blight on your property is minimised.
UK Japanese knotweed map by Environet UK Ltd – Copyright 2019